JOIN THE FEEDMORE WNY TEAM
If you feel you may be a good fit for one of the job openings listed below, please download and print out the application. Fill it out, and deliver or mail it to: FeedMore WNY, 100 James E. Casey Drive, Buffalo, NY 14206. Please submit a resume with your application and please include your salary requirements. For questions about job openings, use the contact form below.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of FeedMore WNY not to discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual preference, marital status, genetic identity, status as a Vietnam-era special disabled veteran, union status or any other status protected by law (unless a bona-fide occupational qualification applies).
This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, leaves of absence, termination and access to benefits and training.
Meals on Wheels of WNY is looking for a Part-Time Site Manager for its North Collins delivery area. This position is responsible for the operation and management of the site, ensures coverage for all routes and manages relationships with both site assistants and volunteers.
- A firm knowledge of the area of delivery (North Collins)
- A current and valid New York State driver's license and access to an automobile is
required to deliver meals as needed
- A high school diploma is required; and a college degree is preferred
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 35 lbs.
- Supervision of the site, ensuring food is acceptable for delivery and accurate and timely
delivery of all meals
- Assist in recruiting, training and managing volunteers
- Supervise all staff assigned to site, including ensuring accuracy and timely submission of
senior aide timesheets and mileage reports and ensuring adequate daily route coverage
- Supervise proper handling of equipment and food
- Communicate recipient health and safety issues to appropriate personnel
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FeedMore WNY is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to respecting diversity and individual differences.
POSITION TITLE: Site Assistant
JOB STATUS: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Site Manager
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the daily delivery of meals to recipients by driving and/or serving routes.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- A current and valid New York State driver's license and assess to automobile.
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 35 lbs
- Assume responsibility for loading vehicle and assist volunteers, if requested.
- Deliver meals according to proper food handling procedures.
- Remain at site upon return and deliver any meals that may need to be re-delivered.
- Obtain relevant information regarding recipients and record it.
- Make appropriate referrals to central office regarding recipient issues.
- Learn and implement Day Chairman procedures.
- Float from one site to another to ensure all routes are covered and meals are delivered.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information to:
Director of Site Services
POSITION TITLE: Site Assistant Van Driver (Substitute)
JOB STATUS: Part-time – Approximate Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Site Services
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the daily delivery of meals to recipients by driving and/or serving routes utilizing the agency van.
High School Diploma preferred.
Ability to read and write in English.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
A current and valid New York State driver's license and access to an automobile if van is inoperable or unavailable.
Ability to pass a drug test, motor vehicle and background checks.
Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance and safe driving.
Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
1. Report to commissary garage at designated time to pick up and return van.
2. Assume responsibility for loading/unloading delivery equipment into and out of vehicle.
3. Deliver meals according to proper daily delivery procedures.
4. Obtain relevant information regarding recipients and record it.
5. Make appropriate referrals to the central office regarding recipient issues.
6. The following schedule will be maintained after meal delivery is completed:
a. Vehicle log completed daily. Report maintenance problems or concerns. Maintain van interior in clean and orderly fashion.
b. Follow established accident and fuel purchase procedures.
7. Other duties as assigned or needed.
Interested candidates should send application and resume to Ashley Yerdon at email@example.com.
Learn more about volunteering with FeedMore WNY here: https://mealsonwheelswny.org/volunteer