JOIN THE MEALS ON WHEELS FOR WNY TEAM
If you feel you may be a good fit for one of the job openings listed below, please download and print out the application. Fill it out, and deliver or mail it to: Meals on Wheels for Western New York, 100 James E. Casey Drive, Buffalo, NY 14206. Please submit a resume with your application and please include your salary requirements. For questions about job openings, use the contact form below.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Meals on Wheels for Western New York not to discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual preference, marital status, genetic identity, status as a Vietnam-era special disabled veteran, union status or any other status protected by law (unless a bona-fide occupational qualification applies).
This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotion, compensation, discipline, leaves of absence, termination and access to benefits and training.
POSITION TITLE: Site Assistant Van Driver (Substitute)
JOB STATUS:Part-time – Approximate Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
REPORTS TO:Director of Site Services
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the daily delivery of meals to recipients by driving and/or serving routes utilizing the agency van.
High School Diploma preferred.
Ability to read and write in English.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
A current and valid New York State driver's license and access to an automobile if van is inoperable or unavailable.
Ability to pass a drug test, motor vehicle and background checks.
Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance and safe driving.
Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
1. Report to commissary garage at designated time to pick up and return van.
2. Assume responsibility for loading/unloading delivery equipment into and out of vehicle.
3. Deliver meals according to proper daily delivery procedures.
4. Obtain relevant information regarding recipients and record it.
5. Make appropriate referrals to the central office regarding recipient issues.
6. The following schedule will be maintained after meal delivery is completed:
a. Vehicle log completed daily. Report maintenance problems or concerns. Maintain van interior in clean and orderly fashion.
b. Follow established accident and fuel purchase procedures.
7. Other duties as assigned or needed.
Interested candidates should send application and resume to Myndi Block, Director of site Services (firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8th, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Floating Site Manager
JOB STATUS: Part-time
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Site Services Manager
This PART TIME position is responsible for the operation and management of a site on a floating /rotating basis to ensure coverage during standing site managers’ absences. While serving as a floating site manager, said manager would also be responsible for that site’s assistants and/or volunteers.
Able to lift 35 pounds.
Valid driver’s license and daily access to a car.
A customer service oriented personality.
1. Supervision of the site, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of all meals to site recipients.
2. Recruit, train, supervise, evaluate and discharge volunteers.
3. Maintain volunteer information database and record weekly volunteer schedules.
4. Maintain census and complete daily and monthly reports.
5. Supervise all staff assigned to site, including ensuring accuracy and timely submission of senior aide timesheets and mileage reports and ensuring adequate daily route coverage.
6. Supervise proper handling of equipment and food.
7. Assist the support team in route direction preparation.
8. Assist in volunteer and community relations.
9. Ensure all food is acceptable for delivery.
10. Communicate recipient health and safety issues to appropriate personnel.
11. Participate as needed in Meals on Wheels committees and sponsored events.
12. Issues communication with home office.
13. Other duties as assigned or needed.
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity in the community to help fill your time, but you don't need a paycheck? Learn more about volunteering with Meals on Wheels here: https://mealsonwheelswny.org/volunteer