OUR GROUP AND BUSINESS VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Imagine running a restaurant where each weekday 1,800 customers order their lunch—all at the same time. Now, take it a step further, and imagine that you are short staffed nearly every single day.
This is the situation FeedMore WNY finds itself in each day. Our Meals on Wheels program serves approximately 1,800 homebound seniors each day out of 25 sites throughout WNY. This would not be possible without the assistance of approximately 400 volunteers each and every day.
Our Meals on Wheels program is in critical need of meal delivery volunteers, especially within the City of Buffalo. Through its group and business volunteer program, Adopt-A-Route, FeedMore WNY is aggressively reaching out to companies to encourage their employees to become involved in feeding the homebound elderly and disabled in our community.
If you are a business owner, manager, or a team leader for a church or social group, please consider the Adopt-A-Route program. If you are an employee of a local company, we ask you to approach your boss or human resources officer about pitching in and supporting our Meals on Wheels program and the thousands of homebound individuals in our community we serve.
Adopt-A-Route is an easy and efficient way for companies and groups to give back to the community. It helps individuals find time to give back—no matter how busy someone’s schedule may be. Plus, it makes people feel good and helps cement relationships within a team.
To Adopt-A-Route, find eight individuals who want to participate in covering a weekly route. Working in pairs (a driver and a server), each of these eight participants gives up just one lunch hour a month!
For more volunteer information, contact Kyle Dillman at firstname.lastname@example.org, download our brochure, or simply fill out and submit an online volunteer application below.
OUR CURRENT ADOPT-A-ROUTE PARTICIPANTS
- ACV Auctions
- Advance 2000
- Advantage Solutions
- Agape Parents Fellowship
- All Saints Lutheran Church
- Arc of Erie County (3 locations)
- Aspire of Western New York (3 locations)
- Autism Services (3 locations)
- Benderson Development Company, Inc.
- Buffalo Common Councilman Rich Fontana's
- Buffalo Spree
- Cantalician Center (4 locations)
- Camp Pioneer
- Catholic Diocese of Buffalo
- Catholic Health
- The Center for Elder Law & Justice
- Cheektowaga High School
- Cheektowaga Police Department
- Claddagh Day Habitat (4 locations)
- Community Services for Every 1 (6 locations)
- Delaware North
- Deloitte Alumni
- D'Youville College
- Erie County Legislator Patrick Burke
- Evans National Bank
- Fisher Associates
- Hamburg Lions Club
- Hamburg Presbyterian Church
- Hamburg United Methodist Church
- Harmac Medical Products, Inc.
- Heritage Christian Services (2 locations)
- Hilbert College
- JBM Computer Consultants, Inc.
- Kaleida Health
- Leadership Buffalo
- Lumsden & McCormick, LLP (4 locations)
- Lutheran Lads & Ladies
- M&T Bank
- Metro PCS
- Moot Senior Center
- New Era Cap
- PCA Technology Group
- People Inc. (5 locations)
- Rich Products Corporation
- Rotary Club of West Seneca
- Southeast Works
- St. Matthew's United Church of Christ
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church
- St. Stephens - Bethlehem United Church of Christ
- The Stanley G. Falk School (2 locations)
- Suburban Adult Services Inc. (4 locations)
- Szymkowiak & Associates
- Transit Road Day Habilitation Program
- Trinity Episcopal Church of Hamburg
- University at Buffalo Office of Student Life
- Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc.
- Wesleyan Church of Hamburg
- Young Adult Life Transitions Plan