OUR GROUP AND BUSINESS VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Imagine running a restaurant where each weekday 1,800 customers order their lunch—all at the same time. Now, take it a step further, and imagine that you are short staffed nearly every single day.
This is the situation Meals on Wheels finds itself in each day. Meals on Wheels serves approximately 1,800 homebound seniors each day out of 25 sites throughout WNY. This would not be possible without the assistance of approximately 400 volunteers each and every day.
Meals on Wheels is in critical need of meal delivery volunteers, especially within the City of Buffalo. Through its group and business volunteer program, Adopt-A-Route, Meals on Wheels is aggressively reaching out to companies to encourage their employees to become involved in feeding the homebound elderly and disabled in our community.
If you are a business owner, manager, or a team leader for a church or social group, please consider the Adopt-A-Route program. If you are an employee of a local company, we ask you to approach your boss or human resources officer about pitching in and supporting Meals on Wheels and the thousands of homebound individuals in our community.
Adopt-A-Route is an easy and efficient way for companies and groups to give back to the community. It helps individuals find time to give back—no matter how busy someone’s schedule may be. Plus, it makes people feel good and helps cement relationships within a team.
To Adopt-A-Route, find eight individuals who want to participate in covering a weekly route. Working in pairs (a driver and a server), each of these eight participants gives up just one lunch hour a month!
For more volunteer information, contact Lauren Gousy at 822-2002, ext. 21, download our brochure below, or simply fill out and submit an online volunteer application below.
OUR CURRENT ADOPT-A-ROUTE PARTICIPANTS
- 19 Ideas
- Advance 2000
- Agape Parents Fellowship
- All Saints Lutheran Church
- Aspire of Western New York (3 locations)
- Autism Services (2 locations)
- Avox Systems
- Benderson Development Company, Inc.
- Buffalo Common Councilman Rich Fontana's
- Canisius College
- Cantalician Center (4 locations)
- Camp Pioneer
- Catholic Diocese
- Cheektowaga Police Department
- Claddagh Day Habitat (2 locations)
- Community Services for the Developmentally Disabled (6 locations)
- Courtyard Marriott Buffalo-Airport
- Deloitte Alumni
- Evans National Bank
- First Niagara Bank (2 locations)
- Hamburg Lions Club
- Hamburg Presbyterian Church
- Hamburg United Methodist Church
- Heritage Centers (3 locations)
- Heritage Christian Services (2 locations)
- Hilbert College
- JBM Computer Consultants, Inc.
- Landmark Health
- Legal Services for the Elderly
- Lumsden & McCormick, LLP
- M&T Bank
- Mercedes Benz of Buffalo
- Moot Senior Center
- People Inc. (6 locations)
- Rich Products
- Rotary Club of West Seneca
- Senator Marc Panepinto's
- Southeast Works
- The Stanley G. Falk School
- St. Matthew's United Church of Christ
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church
- Senior Citizens of North Collins
- Stanley G. Falk School (2 locations)
- Suburban Adult Services Inc. (4 locations)
- Szymkowiak & Associates
- The PCA Group
- Transit Road Day Habilitation Program
- Trinity Episcopal Church of Hamburg
- UB Student Life
- Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc.
- Wesleyan Church of Hamburg
- Young Adult Life Transitions Plan