“September is Hunger Action Month – a month where people all over America stand together with Feeding America and the nationwide network of food banks to fight hunger. It’s a month to spread the word and take action on the hunger crisis, and dedicate ourselves to a solution.”
Raise awareness about hunger in our community and promote access to healthy food by getting involved in Hunger Action Month:
- Learn more about advocating on behalf of our neighbors in need by visiting our Advocacy page.
- Protect SNAP by adding your comment about proposed rule changes. Visit Feeding America’s comment form to share your opinion.
- Tell others how you will help to end hunger by “Passing the Plate” to friends and family. Learn more by clicking here.
- On Monday, September 16, 2019, the Peace Bridge will be lit orange from dusk to 1:00 a.m.!
- On Monday, September 16, 2019, Niagara Falls will light up in orange between 10:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. (lighting conditions may affect the start time). Thank you to the Niagara Falls Illumination Board for helping us recognize Hunger Action Month!
- Read the proclamation from Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz, declaring September 2019 as “Hunger Action Month!”