March is an exciting month here at Meals on Wheels for Western New York. Our March events include:
#March for Meals: March 1 – 31
March for Meals remembers the important day in history, March 22, 1972, when President Nixon signed into law a measure that would establish a national nutrition program for seniors 60 years and older. These programs across the nation were commonly referred to as Meals on Wheels. The purpose of the annual campaign is to spread awareness of Meals on Wheels to ensure that our seniors are not forgotten.
If you use Facebook or Twitter, here are a few things you can do:
2. If you see our posts on social media, please share them with your network to help us reach more people.
3. Tell others about Meals on Wheels and why you support us.
• Make sure to tag Meals on Wheels for WNY in your post (MealsOnWheelsforWNY on Facebook or @mealswheelswny on Twitter)
• Include the hashtag #MarchforMeals
• Add a hashtag for a person or reason you volunteer.
For example: I #MarchforMeals in memory of #MyGrandma @mealsonwheelswny
We #MarchforMeals because seniors in #Buffalo should not be forgotten. March with us! @MealsOnWheelsforWNY
Champions for Meals: March 21-25
This annual event gives us an opportunity to have government officials and local celebrities deliver meals in support of the work that we do.
Spring it On: Thursday, March 24
This annual event is a 24-hour online fundraiser to raise awareness and resources for not-for-profit organizations in WNY, including Meals on Wheels.
Thank you so much for your support.